Light up the night with our lovely hurricane and candle!
Candle safety has always been a number one priority in our home and I find that burning candles in an enclosed hurricane is a safer way to enjoy candlelight. Here are a few tips on candle safety in the home:
1. Never burn a candle near anything that could catch fire.
2. Keep burning candles up and away from small pets and children.
3. Keep burning candles away from drafts and air currents.
4. Always keep a burning candle in sight. If you must leave the area, even for a few minutes, blow the candle out.
5. Trim all candle wicks to 1/4″ each time before burning.
6. Never burn a candle all the way down. Toss out when there is 1″ left in the container.
7. Extinguish a candle when it smokes, flickers or the flame becomes too high.
8. Be sure the candle is blown out at least 2 hours before bedtime; candles have been know to reignite and you want to be sure you and your family are safe while sleeping.