1) Incorporate material elements such as handwoven baskets, living plants (definition below), ceramics and clusters of candles throughout your space. Display books in stacks on the floor, add informal floor pillows and chunky throws to complete the look.
Design Terminology 101: Living Plants
Those green things at the nursery.
2) Add layer upon layer of natural fiber area rugs featuring tribal patterns. Have fun mixing it up and experiment with the placement until you get the look you love!
3) Create a stylized art gallery featuring found art and vintage paintings. Be sure to mix in some newly purchased art to create that eclectic mix you are striving for.
4) Add a colorful mix of accent pillows in non-matched patterns and colorways. All our toss pillows are down-filled for extra lounging comfort so keep that in mind when you are making pillow selections. Pillows should not only look good but must be comfortable too!
5) Cultivate your creative side by decorating with a collection of home furnishings gathered from past eras. Explore adding unexpected elements of design, mixing mismatched furniture and styles. Most of all, promise me that you will have fun and enjoy the process of creating a truly unique space that you are proud to call home!