1. The bed is always the focal point in any size bedroom, so choose a beautiful custom bedding ensemble like the one featured above. The lively pattern and colorful palette creates instant interest and drama.
2. Update your guest bedroom with an upholstered headboard. Choose a simple style in a neutral fabric, it's a classic choice and on trend for 2016.
3. Don't overdo the accent pillows, but be selective in your design choices. Be sure to include at least two oversized euro shams for the guest who loves to read in bed.
4. Select a comfortable memory foam mattress or a plush pillowtop set. Stay away from extra firm mattresses in the guest room, even if you prefer them for yourself. Guests visit for such a short time and their comfort is your major concern.
5. If your guest room is tiny, choose a full size mattress set. The room will instantly look larger and a full mattress set will sleep two adults comfortably.
6. Add a pair of matching night tables to either side of the bed and select a style with drawers for extra storage.
7. Choose a pair of matching lamps for the night stands, the lamps should at least be 26 inches high and not to exceed 29 inches. Light colored lamp shades and 3-way switches are best for small spaces because your guest can adjust the light exposure to their liking.
8. Paint the bedroom a light color to expand the space. I love Simply White by Benjamin Moore, it goes with everything.
9. Fresh flowers are always a welcoming touch in a guest bedroom.
10. As an extra surprise, add some current magazines, guest soaps, and small chocolates for your guests to enjoy during their stay.
I hope this post inspires you to create a lovely bedroom for yourself or visiting guests. Find all of these beautiful featured products at McNabb & Risley during the Winter Sale!