I am making this shrimp salad for our next Summer gathering, I love it because it is healthy, flavorful, and gluten free. I do all the preparation the night before and chop the avocado and add the dressing right before serving. Enjoy! -Tara (serves 6)
Shrimp Salad Recipe:
1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp shelled and deveined
1 tsp. cajun spices
1 tbsp. fine chopped garlic
Pinch of sea salt
3 tbsp. butter (for sautéing shrimp)
6-8 cups chopped lettuce
3 Roma tomatoes
1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
1 small seedless cucumber cubed
2 avocados peeled and sliced
3 cobs of fresh corn
Juice of 2 large limes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
Mix ingredients, place in refrigerator.
1. Peel and devein shrimp, wash and pat dry with paper towels. Place in mixing bowl, add cajun spice, garlic, salt, and mix well.
2. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium to high heat. Melt butter and sauté shrimp two minutes on each side or until cooked through. Place shrimp on plate to cool.
3. Cut corn off the cob with sharp knife. Add butter to a nonstick frying pan and melt. I use medium to high heat, add corn and sauté until cooked for 3-4 minutes. Salt and pepper the corn, set aside to cool thoroughly.
4. Wash and spin lettuce, tear into bite size pieces or chop with a knife if you prefer. Slice tomatoes, red onions, chop cucumbers, and add freshly sautéed corn to mixture.
5. You can store shrimp, chopped veggies, and fresh lettuce in separate plastic bags and assemble before serving. I use plastic bags so I do not have a lot of dishes to wash!
Layer lettuce on a large platter, add shrimp and fresh vegetables. Peel and slice fresh avocado and place on top of salad. Add salad dressing and serve immediately, it will taste like Summer! Enjoy!
Pair with white wine and french bread or gluten free dinner rolls. Serve fresh raspberries with whip cream for dessert.